The studies on therapeutic effect of CBD are not adequate, but it is increasing every day. You must know about the basic benefits of CBD – pain relief, anti-inflammation, reducing anxiety and helping with some more body functions. The best part about using CBD is that it’s completely organic and safe to use. It neither has any psychoactive effect.
With today’s market growth, instead of over-the-counter shop, people now prefer to order online and get things delivered. Moreover, this COVID-19 pandemic situation has made it a necessity. Thus, JustCBD takes extra care when packing your order. You would get full spectrum CBD tincture, edibles, pain-relief balms and even treats for your pet. You would see, they are highly rated by the customers for wide range of CBD products with good quality. For a good read, you could also go through the cbd gummies recipe on their website.
The use of CBD did not come in to light until 1960, when a group of Israeli scientists identified the CBD and THC with its chemical structure. This subsequently brought forward the existence of endocannabinoid system in our body. Further studies showed that cannabinoids interacted with the endocannabinoids and influenced certain functions of the body.
The Endocannabinoid System (ECS)
The endocannabinoid system is spread throughout the whole body. It is comprised of –
- Endocannabinoids (neurotransmitters)
- Cannabinoid receptors
The main functions of the ECS are –
- Maintain the balance – “homeostasis”
- Regulate various functions of the body.
As we all know that neurotransmitters have a perfect pair of receptors which does not react or bind with other neurotransmitters. Since, your body already produces endogenous cannabinoids, the cannabinoid receptors allow the Phyto-cannabinoids to bind with them or stimulate them. This pretty much explains why CBD or THC can affect the body.
You would find two main types of cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2. The reason why THC can produce psychoactive effect is due to the fact that THC binds directly with the CB1 receptors present densely in the central nervous system and also in peripheral nervous system. Surprisingly, CBD does not bind directly with CB1 or CB2 but can interact with them – either boosting their function or inhibiting. It can also interact with various other types of receptors which gives its therapeutic benefits.
Benefits of CBD On the Brain
- It can boost the natural cannabinoid production in your body. Thus, boosting the overall functioning of the ECS.
- CBD also interacts with the opioid receptors that regulate pain sensation. In this way it can reduce the pain sensation gives relief to those suffering from chronic pain. Moreover, it does encourage drug resistance like other analgesics.
- You have already learnt that CBD reduces anxiety; but how? It is due to the capacity to activate multiple serotonin receptors.
- It inhibits neurodegeneration. It stops brain cells to break down. It is helpful in restricting degenerative diseases.
- CBD is already approved by FDA as an active ingredient in medicine treating epilepsy. It can reduce symptoms of seizure in epilepsy.
- You can improve sleep by reducing stress, anxiety or pain. CBD does all that for you. But it can also be helpful in sleep disorders.
- Some studies have shown that CBD improves blood flow to certain pivotal areas of brain concerning memory and cognitive functioning.