Laundry services refer to carrying out the cleaning of clothes belonging to customers. Washing clothes can be a tiresome chore. People who work are busy throughout the day and don’t get time to wash clothes. After a tiring day, they would want to relax and skip this chore. This is why they use laundry services, where they can get their clothes washed, pressed, and even dry cleaned. They can avail this service from their home and get the clothes home delivered.
Laundry services – types
Laundry services generally include the following:
- Washing and folding: The basic service offered by laundry businesses include washing and folding. The clothes are washed. The type of washing depends on the client’s requirements. While washing, care is taken to ensure all stains are removed. Dirty clothes are cleaned thoroughly. Where required, they are pressed properly. They are then neatly folded and delivered back to the customer.
- Dry Cleaning: Dry cleaning services are also provided by laundry businesses. Dry cleaning is a type of laundry that does not use water. As the name suggests, it is ‘dry’. Instead of water, there are other chemical solvents to clean the clothes. During the dry cleaning process, a solvent is appliedto the clothes to remove stains. This is one of the important steps in the process. The clothes are then rotated in a cylinder after using a non-water based solvent to carry out the cleaning. Steam ironing is generally done to make the clothes look as though they are new.
- Commercial laundry: These services are provided on a commercial basis for hotels and other businesses. This would include cleaning of curtains, tablecloths, and other such materials. These services are even used for Airbnb rentals.
How does it work?
Laundry services offered by a service provider would involve the following activities:
- The customer books the service by calling the service provider or using an app or software to make a booking. The date and time needs to be indicated.
- On the scheduled date and time, the laundry provider’s driver would visit the customer’s house and pick up the clothes to be washed.
- The clothes are taken back to the laundry center where it is washed, pressed, dry cleaned, and any other service carried out. The clothes are folded in a professional way and made ready.
- Usually, the clothes are delivered to the customers on the same day.
Why use laundry services?
Laundry services are beneficial, which is why they are becoming popular. The reason why customers should consider using laundry services include:
- Laundry services are convenient. The clothes are picked up from the home and delivered back.
- It is simple to avail of these services and the prices are quite competitive.
- Most importantly, it allows customers to reduce their workload. They can spend time on other jobs while they get their clothes cleaned by professionals who would do the best job.
The guide on laundry services clearly highlights how useful these services are. Customers can get the best quality cleaning and this is done conveniently with the clothes picked up and delivered to their homes.