ISO 27001 standards are a framework that is designed to effectively manage risk, choose the right security controls and achieve, prove and maintain compliance with the ISO 9001 standard.
The implementation of the ISO 27001 certification ensures personal privacy, the privacy of financial information and leads to the smooth operation of supply chains and systems. This, in turn, makes a business look credible to its stakeholders and customers. Let us learn about a few more reasons why should your business be ISO 27001 compliant.
Best Practice is a leading JAS-ANZ accredited certification body. It provides ISO 27001 certification Australia to implement risk management processes and address information security risks in the organization.
What is the need for ISO 27001 standard?
Earlier organizations used to operate with a short-sighted approach to only implement security controls to deal with IT areas, not with non-IT assets. Due to this, non-IT assets are at a greater risk of threats.
Furthermore, the emergence of innovative technologies is making hackers smarter day by day. This is in turn making the organization more susceptible to security threats and risks. To combat these risks, organizations are focussing on implementing information security management.
To overcome any critical issues in the future, organizations are now focussing on getting ISO 27001 compliant. By implementing and maintaining this standard, an organization provides assures its clients that it implements the best-practice information security methods.
Benefits of ISO 27001 certification
Here are the top benefits that a company can get when it complies with the standard.
Data Privacy and Integrity
- ISO 27001 is the most credible way to store data electronically, control its access, use its security and destroy it properly.
- It is a systematic approach that assists in identifying, managing, and lowering the extent of threats to critical information.
- An ISO 27001 company ensures comprehensive protection of the information assets and lowers the likelihood of lawsuits and loss of clients’ trust due to data breaches.
Defines Roles and Responsibilities of Information-Handling
- ISO 27001 compliance automatically lets an organization define roles and responsibilities as well as strengthen its structure.
- The standard determines who is going to form the decisions, accountable for information assets, and authorizes access to information.
- The entire organization is secured by staff, procedures, and technology that create a sense of information security in organizational culture.
- An ISO 27001 complaint organization performs information security training and awareness programs regularly to lower employee-related security breaches.
Obtains A Competitive Edge
ISO 27001 certification makes it easier for an organization to differentiate it from its competitor firms in the market. It does it by the following means:
- Enhancing its value proposition
- Showing a proactive approach to its customers about effective avoidance or reduction of information security threats. In this way, it enhances the credibility of the organization.
ISO 27001 Certification is designed to secure the sensitive information of an organization. More than a certification, it is real proof that the organization takes information security seriously. In this way, it avoids financial loss, security breach, and ensures data privacy and integrity.